Now that ICE is done and I’ve finished putting up my mum’s fence (don’t ask) I am now looking ahead to Thought Bubble 2017 in Leeds on the 23rd-24th September.
I’ll be there in the Leeds Town Hall Marquee on Table 44 selling and signing copies of The Murder Club and Some Kind of Hero.
This is the first TBF I’ve ever been to, and since I’ve heard many good things about it over the years I’m really excited to finally get a table there. Just hoping they have heating in the marquee! And if I’m not at my table, I’ll be the blue car circling the one-way system for the 100th time 🙂
The International Comcs Expo (ICE) 2017 is happening next Saturday 9th September at the Holiday Inn Birmingham (just down from Nostalgia & Comics), and I’ll be there!
This will be my third ICE and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s one of my favourites of the convention year, mainly because of it’s strong focus on just comics – not so much the film and TV media side.
This will be the official convention launch of “The Murder Club”, which you can get signed and will be going for a special launch price of just £6! You can also get a cool pin badge of the logo for £2 if you buy it with the comic, and of course I will be selling all my previous work, including my first comic “Some Kind of Hero”.
Hope to see you there next week! Tony.
It’s approaching time for The Murder Club launch, and here’s how you can get involved:
- Pre-order at Amazon!
- The digital version launches Saturday 19th August and you can pre-order a copy right now! The comic will be available at all other major digital stores too (ComiXology, DriveThruComics, ComicHaus etc., but they will only go live on the day itself)
- Come to the launch event for the print version!
- Come to ICE Birmingham for the convention launch!
Outside of that news, all Kickstarter rewards have now been sent, so if you’re a backer in the UK expect them to arrive by the weekend, and if you’re overseas then within a couple of weeks.
Oh, and for my Australian backer, I decided not to go for the cheaper postage option as that could take up to 84 days!!! How are they getting it there, a chain of trebuchets? Attaching it to a “Happy 40th!” balloon and just letting it go? Good grief!
Anyway, at least that’s all dealt with and I can now focus on the launch itself. If you can make Birmingham on the 22nd or ICE next month I’d love to see you there.
All the best, Tony.
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted and a few things have happened, so let’s get listing!
- The Murder Club Kickstarter finished, just tripping over the finish line on the final day! This means I now have the funds I need to get 200 copies of the graphic novel printed, along with 43 backers, and I’m almost ready to send the final pages off – I’m just waiting on the last few surveys to come back. I’ve already thanked them directly via Kickstarter, but it can’t help to give another big thanks to everyone who pledged to make this happen – it really does mean a lot, not to mention you get a cool graphic novel at the end of it!
- I have three reviews! Two came in as the Kickstarter was ongoing, and the third dropped shortly after. Luckily, they are all very positive and I’m pleased with the feedback I’ve had so far. Here they are:
- This Saturday 15th June I’m in Derby at Edge-Lit 6, a science fiction, fantasy and horror literature convention – there promises to be loads of panels, workshops and more, along with some big name guests, so worth looking into. I’ll have a dealer’s table there selling my usual books, so hope you can make it.
And that’s it. Well there’s more actually, like I’m working on the concluding part of the graphic novel, I’m also doing some freelance level design work and finishing off some DIY in the house, so there’s plenty to keep me occupied!
Till next time, Tony.
The Murder Club Kickstarter is now halfway through, with just 15 days left to raise the remaining 70%.
It can be done! Here’s a quick summary of the campaign so far.
Future updates include Tools and processes, more on the supporting characters, and exclusive lettered and cut pages for backers only!
Spread the word and let’s get this funded!
The Murder Club Kickstarter has gone live! Go have a look now 🙂
If you are going to pledge (and many thank-yous if you are!) I would love it very much if you could place your pledge in the next 72 hours. The reason is that Kickstarter boosts the visibility of projects that have a really quick initial pledge surge, which in turn makes them more likely to reach their goal. And if you’re pledging, I’m assuming you want the project to reach its goal, so it’s a win-win! 😀
I will be keeping you updated with the progress of the campaign over the next month, so stay tuned here or on my social media (Twitter, Facebook page) to get all the inside info!
And if you’re afraid of going direct to the KS page, then here’s the campaign video right here for you!
Oh yes indeed! Follow this link to have a preview of the whole Kickstarter campaign for The Murder Club.
‘Like’ the campaign to be notified when it goes live (30th May), and any and all comments are welcome – I’m very thick-skinned, so don’t hold back!
For press types, there’s also a press release here: https://www.prlog.org/12637993
I can announce today that The Murder Club is coming to Kickstarter on the 30th May.
I am looking to raise £900 for printing 200 graphic novels and postage of rewards (+ Kickstarter fees), and I will have a preview link up in the next couple of weeks for feedback before the campaign goes live.
You know, I’m really looking forward to seeing how this goes, so stay tuned for more information coming soon!
Yes indeed! I have planned out what I’m going to be doing next in terms of personal work, and have decided to share my plan with you so you can shame me later when I spectacularly fail to accomplish any of it:
- Complete chapters 1-3 of The Murder Club Part 1 – This is ongoing with only a few small elements to finish, mostly some panel background detail, text/legal pages and the front cover.
- Plan and prepare the Kickstarter for The Murder Club Part 1 – The idea is that this will go live mid-June (after the Election chaos is out of the way) to finish in July, for final release in August.
- Continue with the third book in the Powerless series – It’s already around 40k words out of a predicted 120k, so ‘just’ need to finish that off to get a first draft done.
- More short stories and art – I will continue to create exclusive short stories and artwork for my Patreon followers, but also a longer short story I want to submit to some SF magazines.
- Continue with the art for chapters 4-6 of The Murder Club Part 1 – I will carry on with this in the background. The vigour with which I proceed will be determined by how well Part 1 is received. But however Part 1 sells I will still finish the final 3 chapters, as all the writing, roughs and layouts are done and I personally want to see the whole project completed. Plus I don’t want to leave anyone hanging 🙂
- Some super secret project work in the background – This is so super secret I can’t even tell you I’m working on it! Oh… bugger.
And there we have it! At first pass this smells like it might just work, but as always I’ll keep you up to date with what’s happening with me on here as well as my Twitter feed and Facebook page.
Yes, Eastercon 2017 is finally here – from the 14th-17th April I will be at the Hilton Metropole hotel at the NEC in Birmingham.
I will have a table in the dealer’s room, selling all my books, and I am on two panels this year – the first is “Enhanced Reality, Virtual Reality and Three-dimensional Fiction and Games” on the Friday, followed by “Keeping it Weird” on Sunday.
If you haven’t got tickets yet, there is still time to get them here. And FYI here are the links to the full schedule and event layout.
This is the biggest SF and Fantasy convention in the UK, and my second time there. When I heard it would be in just up the road Brum in 2017 I jumped at the chance! It really is a great convention with SO much to do, as you can see from the schedule linked above. Looking forward to this one 🙂